Bachelor of Education (BEd)
Course Duration – 2 Years
a) For BEd at least 55% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto,
(ii) Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of teaching-learning process at secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
The B.Ed. programme focuses on:
– developing an understanding of context of education in contemporary Indian Society,
– appreciating the role of context and socio-political realities about learners in facilitating learning in inclusive settings,
– creating sensitivity about language diversity in classroom and its role in teaching-learning process
– developing an understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum,
– identifying, challenging and overcoming gender inequalities in school, classroom, curricula, textbook, social institutions, etc.,
– enabling student-teachers to acquire necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences,
– developing competencies among student-teachers to select and use appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning,
– engaging student-teachers with self, child, community and school to establish close connections between different curricular areas,
– enabling student-teachers to integrate and apply ICT in facilitating teaching-learning process and in school management,
– systematizing experiences and strengthening the professional competencies of student teachers, and
– providing first-hand experience of all the school activities through engaging student-teachers as interns in secondary/senior secondary schools.
If you are going to take admission in the govt. college, then you must need to take entrance for B.Ed admission. Like IGNOU Conduct.
But there are many other colleges from where you can do B.Ed courses
Content Based Methodology Courses
Core Course – B.Ed Ist Year
Core Courses – B.Ed 2nd Year
Optional Courses – B.Ed 2nd Year
Practical Courses – B.Ed 2nd Year